Rules of access and mandatory training
Access can be gained to CIMeC Facilities by completing an accreditation procedure that can be accessed via a specific web page called CLARA. This page can be accessed by logging in using UNITN credentials. The general rules governing access to the Facilities are described in the general regulation governing access to the Facilities.
Before accessing the Facility, users must complete the general safety training provided online by UNITN:
- the “Health and Safety at Work Course - General” (https://didatticaonline.unitn.it/ateneo/). If the user has not already completed this, the course is provided by UNITN and has unlimited validity; once passed, the user must enter the result into CLARA, by uploading the course-completion certificate;
- the “medium risk” Safety Course. If the user has not already completed this, the course is provided by UNITN and is valid for 5 years; once passed, the user must enter evidence of this into CLARA, by uploading the course-completion certificate;
- the "Guidelines to Privacy and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)” Course (https://didatticaonline.unitn.it/ateneo/) and the specific module “Guidelines to Privacy and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - RESEARCH MODULE". The courses are supplied by UNITN; once passed, the result must be entered into CLARA, by uploading the course-completion certificates of both courses.
- as optional, the “Covid-19 Course” ( https://infostudenti.unitn.it/en/safety-training-for-students for students and PhD students, https://didatticaonline.unitn.it/ateneo/ for all the others). The course is provided by UNITN; once passed, the result must be entered into CLARA, by uploading the course-completion certificate;
In addition, new users can access the MEG Facility only after having met certain conditions, including completing suitable specific training, delivered by Facility staff.
There are two levels of authorization for the access to the Facility.
Level 1 authorisation (non-expert user)
Level-1 access authorisation allows the researcher to access all premises of the Facility and all equipment but only when supervised by a level-2 user (expert user).
To obtain this, in addition to general training, specific training on safety procedures specific to the MEG laboratory facility (MEG safety training) is also required (followed by a test). Completion of MEG safety training must be entered into CLARA by the Facility Manager and is valid for 3 years.
For the renewal of authorisation after three years, the safety training in the MEG laboratory (MEG safety training) must be repeated. This new completion of MEG safety training must be entered into CLARA by the Lab Manager.
Level-2 authorisation (expert user)
Level-2 access authorisation allows the researcher to access all premises of the Facility and all equipment autonomously. This status is granted only to users with proven skill and autonomy and who have received extensive training from Facility staff.
Status of level-2 user is granted following:
- passing a theory test on procedures, correct laboratory practices and safety of equipment and participants;
- passing a practical test that consists of carrying out a complete experiment with a volunteer under the supervision of the Facility Manager, who uses this practical test to establish the user’s effective autonomy.
The results of the theory and practical tests are entered into CLARA by the Lab Manager and assure the user level-2 access, followed by activation of the badge for autonomous access.
In no case may masters/undergraduate students obtain level-2 authorisation.
For the renewal of level 2 authorisation after three years, the researcher will need to re-certify as an MEG expert user by undergoing re-examination (both theory and practical) by the Facility Manager.
If the Facility staff should consider it necessary, the status of an MEG expert user can be suspended at any time, on the authorisation of the Facility Manager. Suspension entails the disabling of autonomous access and is entered into CLARA. To regain a status of MEG expert user, the user must complete the steps described at the point entitled “Renewal of level-2 authorisation after three years”.