Special rules for recruiting/scanning during the COVID-19 pandemic
During the COVID-19 pandemic emergency special rules apply in order to stay safe and prevent diffusion of the virus. Rules has to be followed carefully. If in doubt for any reason, please contact the MEG core staff for clarifications and instructions.
Special COVID-19 rules during acquisition
Dring acquisition the following additional rules apply:
- All researchers are asked to avoid testing sessions with people over the age of 65
- All experimenters are asked to avoid testing sessions if they think they are sick or they are taking care of a persons who is sick
- All experimenters are asked to avoid testing session with people with fever, cough and difficult breathing
- All participants and all experimenters are asked to wash their hands before and after the experimental session; alternatively, participants and experimenters are asked to wear disposable gloves (they cannot be reused).
- All experimental setups need to be cleaned up before and after each experimental session, in particular the MEG helmet has to be carefully cleaned.
- It is advisable to aerate the room (door/window opened) for at least 10 min before starting a new experiment. Please keep the magnetic shielded room door open to areate between experiments.
- It is advisable to avoid the use of towels present in the labs but to use the disposable wipes
- Someone has to stay in the lab during experiment but it is advisable do not to have more than one person in the lab during the experiment. Always keep a distance of 1 m from the participants if possible.
In general, general advice to prevent COVID-19 diffusion apply:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid contact with people with a fever, cough and difficulty breathing
- Avoid shaking hands or hugging people
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough
- Carefully clean surfaces
- Do not take any drugs or antibiotics without consulting your doctor
- Call 1500 (toll free number) if you have a temperature, cough or if you have just returned from affected areas
- Wear a mask if you think you are sick or you are taking care of a person who is sick and, in general, whenever is possible during interaction with the participant.
Special COVID-19 rules for recruiting
When recruiting participant, make sure they didn't present synthoms compatible with the COVID-19 infection in the week before the experimental session. In addicion, if you are planning to scan participants not working for CIMeC, please be aware that they must be authorized by the Director to enter the building. The procedure for authorization requires to fill the following google form with all the relevant information : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScYrRNViEQH4mZ7pT0ABU7l01x8jw7DBXlKgsrMtZTqRlNq8w/viewform . It is mandatory to fill the form at least the day before the scan, before 5 pm, otherwise no authorization will be provided and the receptionist will not authorise the participant to enter CIMeC buildings.